Window Tint ?'s

Hey ya'll, I want to get some new window tinting for my truck, I have been taking a lot of long trips lately and my arm keeps getting burned and the inside is hard to keep cool. I have called a few places and for all the windows on my ext. cab it seems to range from $185-$200 to get limo on it all.

Has anyone tried those precut window tints e-bay sells? How hard is it to install, what do you use and is there any intructions I could read?

If I get 5% would it be ok and be easy enough to just add it on top of my factory tint (it is faded so my rear looks like new 35% lol) or should I remove the stock tint? What is the easiest way to remove it?

I figure if those precut tints didn't come out to well I could just take it then and get it done at a shop and only be out an extra $30...

Anyway thanks for any input you guys! :woohoo:

I wouldn't recomend putting 5%over the factory tint. 5 is pleeeenty dark at night.

Willy91 said:
I wouldn't recomend putting 5%over the factory tint. 5 is pleeeenty dark at night.

X2, I did that on my 01 and I could not see out of the back windows. $.02

Lol I have heard that, my front tint is almost non-existant though because it is faded a bunch. But I can remove it if that would be the wiser choice...

i have 5% on everything .....including about the top half of the windshield.....i love it.....i have power windows if i need to see at night......lol

i agree with that! 2.5% all the way around with 15% on the windshield... that thing is flat out dark

2.5% is not real. it is just something auto part stores & wal-mart sells.
it is actually rated at 10% via a tint shop. i personally tint windows
in my spare time, "professionally". my buddy that has been doing it for 6 years got me hooked. i have 3 layers of 5% all way around my truck with a brow that is half of my windshield.

you can NOT see out at night, much less during the day, but one positive, you will NEVER get burnt by the sun haha.

ooh and yesterday i tinted the lower part of my windshield 6" up, just like my pete. :)

Back