Winter tires vs A/T tires on a 2wd dodge

a24vc

Direct Deposit
So I'm thinking that I'm going to need some tires before winter. I was looking on Treadwright.com at the Bfg knock offs and they seem pretty decent. Then there is the actual winter tires. What is everyone's experience with these different tread patterns and tire compounds for the colder months. Thanks in advance!

I never had any problems running A/T's. Never ran a true winter tire though.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

You talking snow and/or ice?

Of course I'm from Tennessee, not a lot of snow or ice, but when we get it it's mostly hard packed or ice. I have never owned a 4WD until our Jeep so my experience is RWD. I've tried A/T tires and honestly they weren't good at all in the snow or ice. The best snow/ice tire I've ever had was a brand new set of Michelin LTX M/S. They were great, but, they were new. Same tire with a little wear was no good.

Just my $.02.

On the 2wds I had.
Ice - you're screwed.

Snow- I had A/Ts with about 500lbs in the bed and never had a problem making it down the road. I made it a point to never stop going up hill tho.

I run Bridgestone Blizzacks. Excellent tires. I run Nokian Vatiivas on my 12v 4by in the summer, and I ran them year round on my dually. For some reason, even with 1000 lbs of weight in the back, the 12v would never dig and grip in snow like the dually would. Thats two 235's vs. single 285. The dually did quite well in the winter with them, but a set of blizzacks would have made it much better.

Back