Wiring problem

kazairl

Ok fellas I have a bit of an issue. I have a short in the wiring somewhere in my truck. The problem is my left headlight is always on. Even with the key removed. The only way I can get it to shut off is remove the battery cable.

The right front headlight and turn signal/marker light don't work.
The right blinker is spastic like it has a bulb burned out. However I checked the wires with a voltmeter and there is no power going to those lights.
Sometimes when the right blinker is on all my marker lights flash.
Also sometimes the right turn signal arrow on the dash is lit up and the right turn signal doesn't work. However when it does this the left headlight doesn't stay on. It shuts off like its supposed too.

I swapped out the headlight switch and the turn signal/dimmer switch with ones from a another pickup and that didn't fix the problem. I'm thinking the next place to check is the distribution box. Anybody have a wiring diagrahm? Or can you let me know which wires do what and go where?

Thanks a lot fellas for all your help.

PM Jory, he has the FSM in PDF format and should be able to get you the correct pages.

I had an 05 do the exact same thing and ended up relacing the PDC under the hood. I think its set up the same. Hope that helps.

Mike

2. Check grounds

1. Make sure your wiring harness didnt get ate by the fan. Mine did, I had some crazy electrical crap going on after that. One under the radiator.

1. Make sure your wiring harness didnt get ate by the fan. Mine did, I had some crazy electrical crap going on after that. One under the radiator.

Doh! I forgot i posted this on here. But That is exactly what happened. All my wires got chopped up into sushi.

Been there, started looking for blown fuses. Seen little 2" wire shards EVERYWHERE.

Back