Wolf in sheeps Clothing?

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
for those of you who didnt make it to Garmon's this weekend, you missed a treat. Phil Taylor(Slowpoke) has one of the most unassuming trucks out there. No bling, No huge stacks, no crazy paint. It just looks like a truck..........Till it hits the track or the Dyno. Phill smacked down 602 HP on the dyno Saturday in his sleeper.

Congrats Phil. Very nice Job. For those of you who Dont know, This truck has a single 64/14 #2 only.

Thanks Tim!!! The thing is a blast to drive,:woohoo: and Mr. Garmon deserves all the credit. :Cheer: If it wasn't for him, it would be in the junkyard by now because, I would have given up!!!

Your truck is the poo-poo. The only giveaway that it is a sleeper is the idle.........but you could always say that you have a screwed up injector, least that is what made mine lope LOL

have you ever looked at jim fulmers truck? i like to call it paw paw's truck. stock wheels, 245 tires ice box white. if he pulled the stickers from the rear window you would swear it just drove out from beneath a 5 wheel.

I have seen pics of Jim's truck and Phil's is just as unassuming. I love a sleeper truck.

I think what I like about Phils truck is like you said Tim, it just looks like a contractors truck. Phil's avatar shows it with the 20's he races with but every other day it has the stock steel wheels and tires.

When you consider this truck has one turbo, 370's and a 160 pump it's impressive IMO.

The dings, dents, and scratches are cool too... And dont forget the 2 gauge (yep, it is possible to make assloads of power without 15 gauges) pod on the a-pillar

I wasnt busting Unbroken's chops, I was referring to the misnomer that you HAVE to have 3 gauges, an intake system and 27 inch exhaust to go fast

You mean...you don't have to have 15 guages to run the 1/4 mile??

shocked.png

Last edited:
Timbeaux38 said:
I wasnt busting Unbroken's chops, I was referring to the misnomer that you HAVE to have 3 gauges, an intake system and 27 inch exhaust to go fast

......But the Ricers do it and look at all the HP they put down.

Timbeaux38 said:

and even if you DO have that.... add enough weight.... and itll still be slower than dirt :bang

Back