Woodburn Dragstrip, Woodburn Oregon, August 1st

Congrats Ken!!!

Here's a quick summary I wrote on another forum:

The race was the smallest I have ever seen it (and I've probably been to that race about 8 times over the years), both in terms of truck turnout and spectators. Don't get me wrong, there were still a lot of trucks and people, but it just wasn't as huge as it usually is. I suppose the economy and the heat wave could have something to do with it.

Pro-Street was won by Ken Florey (Max'd Out) over Bill Allen (Source Automotive). It would have been a great race if Bill were driving the normal Source 2005 CR Dodge, but it recently wounded a motor so he was running the 2WD 12V truck. Ken agreed to give Bill a head start (waited on the starting line after the green) then see if he could chase him down. He did, running something like a 10.32 @ 138 mph.

Super-Street was won by Mike Fox over Jerry Mullins. Mike also ran Sportsman ET and the gasser Hot Trucks class, so every time I turned around he was making another pass down the track. He probably put 20 miles on his truck at the track!

Sportsman ET was won by Jerry Mullins over Jim Calhoun. That makes it two in a row for Jerry, the points race is getting interesting! My chances of defending my division championship are looking pretty slim now, as I lost in the first round to Pat Kyle in his hot rod Kenworth. I put down a 0.073 total package (reaction time plus amount off my dial), which is normally enough to win just about any round, but Pat put down a 0.042 package and sent me home early.

Several regulars were still fixing damage from last week's race in Spokane.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I would agree.... not enough fast trucks.

Here is a video link to one of the passes.

YouTube - WoodburnDrags8/1 Subman 10.32 run

:bow: Max'd was the highlight of the day for me....thanks for making the drive!

ps, I can see my fat but in the stands in during your run :D

Did anyone else notice the fad of flat black helmets a couple of years ago? What were they thinking???

That's exactly what I was asking myself Saturday...."What the heck were you thinking buying this helmet?" Black truck, black leather, black helmet, windows up.

:badidea:

Hopefully he can make the rest and run for the championship.

See ya in Medford!

Back