Would this hurt spool up??

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Just throwing around some ideas, Would it hurt the spool up on a single charger if it was mounted say 12 to 16 inches futher away from the manifold?

Im wanting to do something similar to what scott had done here:
http://www.diesel-central.com/photogallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=204

I would like to put my single almost where his big charger is located. But my hotpipe will be about 6 or 8 inches shorter and bolted directally to the manifold.

Thoughts and opinions please.

Fireman450

Will it hurt spool up... yes... less heat in the pipe to spool it. Will it be enought to notice? probably not. I'm assuming you need to move it for some reason and if that reason is enough to think about going through all that work then I would think it would not be enough of a loss in spool to worry about. If you can even tell.

Well Im wanting to move my charger about 3 to 4 inches forward of the factory location to allow enough room for some hood stack piping. I could do it where it is at right now but Im afraid it would be to tight of a bend and be too big of a restriction. I am also trying to keep from cutting the firewall if possible.

Fireman450

I would not worry about it. But i'm not right in the head though... I pull a 1st gen for Christs sake!

Now this might not fit, but what if you mount the charger backwards, exhaust facing the alternator?

Just cut a hole in the cowl and windshield and run the stack through there.

It would work, just wrap it up with header wrap to keep the heat in.

Do it like I did. A plain ole intake will work fine with the charger backwards. Ill get some pics of my intake later.

2992455210103294471S600x600Q85.jpg
[/IMG]

Do it like I did. A plain ole intake will work fine with the charger backwards. Ill get some pics of my intake later.

2992455210103294471S600x600Q85.jpg
[/IMG]

Yeah I might just do that.
Rochie, would you mind to post a pic of how your stack is attached to the underside of your hood?

Thanks
Fireman450

the picture of scott cutting a hole in his hood is pretty priceless. gotta love the bigbad dodges very nice trucks

Yeah I might just do that.
Rochie, would you mind to post a pic of how your stack is attached to the underside of your hood?

Thanks
Fireman450

I would but, I ashamed of the welds. (not mine)

It's just has some heavy tack welds from the stack to the hood re-inforcement. Simple realy.

[If the money gets here this week Ill be shipping that shutoff on saturday]

I would but, I ashamed of the welds. (not mine)

It's just has some heavy tack welds from the stack to the hood re-inforcement. Simple realy.

[If the money gets here this week Ill be shipping that shutoff on saturday]

Aight works for me. I got it mailed out friday so hopefully you should get it pretty soon.

Back