WTB: NV5600 4wd

JWhite

Trained monkey
Looking for a complete NV5600, 4wd tail. Would be nice to be around Ohio if possible

Thanks

Half of the days I wish my 2009 had an NV5600. I sure miss those days in the 2002. The other half of the days I'm glad I can just smash the skinny pedal and never let up. LOL

It really is a hard decision.

It's not for my truck. I thought these were pretty reliable, but this one pretty much exploded and bound up. Cracked the case

I’m on #4 in 70k miles. You could argue that the first one was my fault but the others were all because of poor oiling. The bearings flat out don’t see enough flow. I’ve been told there are improvements that can be made but I’m already trying to decide what other tranny to swap in next time it takes a poo.

I’m on #4 in 70k miles. You could argue that the first one was my fault but the others were all because of poor oiling. The bearings flat out don’t see enough flow. I’ve been told there are improvements that can be made but I’m already trying to decide what other tranny to swap in next time it takes a poo.

Zf6 ftw

I always pulled the tower and put an additional quart of synchro mesh in the top. Never had an issue. As far as I know, that truck is still on the road.

Interesting. I've heard that trick of adding oil, but thought it was for the G56? Also guys do it on the TCase

The bearings flat out don’t see enough flow. I’ve been told there are improvements that can be made but I’m already trying to decide what other tranny to swap in next time it takes a poo.

The NV5600 does have a lube issue with the rear bearing that can be "fixed" by some modifications. Go to page 85 of this link. It's all about the issues, modifications, and rebuilding an NV5600.

Turbo Diesel Register - Issue 64 by Turbo Diesel Register - Issuu

That's what I'd go with.:clap:

The NV5600 does have a lube issue with the rear bearing that can be "fixed" by some modifications. Go to page 85 of this link. It's all about the issues, modifications, and rebuilding an NV5600.

Turbo Diesel Register - Issue 64 by Turbo Diesel Register - Issuu

That's what I'd go with.:clap:
Enjoyed the article but the problems aren’t limited to the rear bearing. The pocket bearing is also oil starved. I can tell you this, life gets interesting when the input shaft becomes one with the main shaft!

Back