WTC happened!?!?

Dustin_Z

Alright, I'm not exactly new to vehicles, but this is a totally new problem to me. I was running around town today, and pushed the clutch in to come to a stop. When the pedal hit the floor my axle locked up, and skid to a stop (about 30 mph). I bailed out, all looks good underneath. I put it in gear and it won't move, it pulls the engine down. If I put the transmission (ZF6) and transfer case in neutral, it will idle, and can be flat towed. What happened to my truck? T-case input shaft? Did I bind the t-case chain? Did the gremlins get out? I'm at a total loss here. If the trans or transfer are in anything other than N, it will kill the engine when I let the clutch out.

Any help will be appreciated! I'm at a total loss, and leave for Iraq in about 4 weeks! :confused:

im gonna say its the transfer case, i cant see a reason that it would be anything else....

Where you at? Who you With?

In Arkansas now, will be going to a base NW of Baghdad that I'm not willing to identify on an open forum. Nothing against you guys....

Thanks for the help. I have some people saying transmission, some saying transfer. I think the transmission is OK since I can shift it into all its gears and neutral. I'm really hoping that its something simple in the t-case like a streached/wrapped chain.

That was my transmission. Dammit.

Anyone know a good replacement/rebuild shop?

Back