Yeehaw! Another Dana 80 question!

countrymatty

I have a 96 F Super Duty with a 10 lug Dana 80 rear on it. Its a 5.13 so my cruising speed is stuck at about 60 mph without the motor revving past about 2500 rpm. Would it be better to swap the ring and pinion for a 4.10 or just swap the whole setup for a axle that already that ratio to slow down engine speed and be able to run and tow at highway speeds? If better to change ring and pinion, anyone recommend a brand or done this before?

Swap the r&p. Easier, no, but resetting the back lash and checking out what everything looks like in there isn't such a bad thing. As for what r&p to go with, check out Randys Ring and Pinion. $.02

Hope this is on a 2wd...

Last edited:
I do these swaps a lot depending on what you are doing with truck like heavy towing I might go with a 4.30 thats what I put in my rollback at the shop. I'm also a dealer for lots of axle parts companies so I could supply you with parts at good deal. call 706-629-7264 ask for shawn

Swap the r&p. Easier, no, but resetting the back lash and checking out what everything looks like in there isn't such a bad thing. As for what r&p to go with, check out Randys Ring and Pinion. $.02

Hope this is on a 2wd...

Yeah its 2wd, for now. Ive alreadt got the transfer case installed. just havin a hard time findin a dana 70 front axle. I was thinkin right on the same track as u too. Wouldnt be a bad idea to see how things look in the back end.

Back