ZF6 Soft Clutch

Willman940

I'm new here so this could be the wrong place.

Yesterday after pulling my boat up the ramp in 2nd (whoops), clutch has gradually been feeling softer more often. I'm sure you've heard this before, feels like there's nothing behind it it will engage/disengage every once in-awhile. But not on command.

I used the Search feature and originally thought I had it diagnosed as the slave cylinder but after reading through multiple threads and seeing the multitude of problems with the recommended ford kit, and not being entirely confident in myself to not drop the push rod into the bell-housing, I thought would question those with experience.

Could it be the clutch fork?

Especially since none of the ford dealerships part/service is open due to the holiday, but they will sell you a car.

That being said I have the utmost respect for the men and women who have and will fight and die for my freedom.

Could have slung a spring out of the disk if it is a stock clutch. Clutch fork usually makes it hard to get into gear until it completely breaks then you have no pedal at all.

did you check the clutch master cylinder to be sure it is tight in the firewall, Ive seen them come loose. They twist and lock.

I will check again tomorrow, but I think it's tight. I should give a bit more backround. I'm new to the DIY game but I decided the only way to learn is jump in so here I am. This is assuming that the Clutch master cylinder is the one on the drivers side firewall near the driver fender up next to the hood hinge, correct?

Back