0 plate and NO SMOKE

rollerink

I just installed a home ground 0 plate full forwards on my '96 and I was expecting a lot more smoke. It seems to pull harder and get on it faster on WOT but not a lot of black smoke what gives?

If you havent modified your AFC then youre not getting the full benefit of the 0 plate. If its smoke that youre after, take the AFC housing off and remove the AFC lever. That should get ya some smoke.

If you havent modified your AFC then youre not getting the full benefit of the 0 plate. If its smoke that youre after, take the AFC housing off and remove the AFC lever. That should get ya some smoke.

:hehe: yea thats for sure

On a street truck I wouldn't gut the AFC, or grind much on the foot. Grind the barrel, and swap the washers though.

i just took me afc out. And with all the fuel that i have, i like to choose when i want the fuel to come on hard. I like to be in control of what happens under the hood of my truck (gives you the "ya thats right BIT**" kinda feeling)
Lance

i just took me afc out. And with all the fuel that i have, i like to choose when i want the fuel to come on hard. I like to be in control of what happens under the hood of my truck (gives you the "ya thats right BIT**" kinda feeling)
Lance

you can't repeatedly modulate the throttle for optimal acceleration like a properly functioning AFC can...

me and wesley are VERY good friends and i almost talked him into doing the same thing. I just like being in control fully and not have some spring tell me what i want my pump to do.

Lance

ps. i have been with my truck without an afc for long enough that i know (better than a spring) when to lay it all the way to the floor and when to ease it up.
"this aint my first rodeo"

you tell the spring what you want it to do... you tune it for optimal acceleration, and from then on all you have to do is stab the throttle every time. I promise you that you can't modulate it perfectly... that's why the big pulling trucks have hand throttles on them.

not my first rodeo either... I played the gutted pump game too... the truck is quicker with a dialed in AFC

On a street truck I wouldn't gut the AFC, or grind much on the foot. Grind the barrel, and swap the washers though.

Wise advise on here.. Forrest and Texan have it right...

a truck with a gutted afc is crap to drive.. I wont do it on mine, much less on a tow rig... if you want smoke... pull an I/C boot.. fast, cheap and easy smoke... and no messin with an afc... but thats just not fun,;)

Rick