01 Hard Starting

zwc225

My 01 for the past week has been hard starting in the morning. Which is rare usually the truck fires on the first crank. It cranks for about 8-10 seconds and fires right up. Runs good and my fuel is still sitting at 15 psi. Any help would be appreciated.

No leaks what so ever. I am confused this truck would fire first try in 0 degree weather.

Your from milford? i am from out towards Owensville area but stationed in NC with the USMC

There is a few things that might cause hard starting. Like is there a air leak in the fuel system? It doesn't have to leak outwards to create a problem but it might leak air into the system causing hard starting. How about excessive cranking fuel pressure max cranking pressure should be about 7-12 PSI. More than that might create issues. Any other error codes? Howw about your Wait To Start light is it coming on right away or lagging to come on? If the Wait To Start light doesn't come on then the ECM isn't booting up in a timely manner leaving the ECM brain dead.

Back