02 dodge 1500 cummins

twinbud92487

ok so here is what i have going on. i started out with an 92 dodge 250 auto 2wd cummins with a bent frame and an 02 dodge 1500 with a blown 4.7 and auto tanny and 2wd. my plan is to put the cummins and auto transmission in the 02 for a dd. I have started the project and i have the motor sitting in the new truck and tranny mounted down. my tranny mounted to the stock crossmember by using the tranny mount and plate off of the 02 transmission, also my motor mounts in the stock frame mounts with some 1/4 plate bolted to the block and two driver side motor mounts from the 4.7 bolted to the plate. the truck does currently run but does not move yet. i am running the factory guages for the 02 which requires the computer and harness from the gas motor. i pulled the entire harness apart and cut out the wires that arent needed so that the harness isnt all over the place, ive got it on but i may cut some more out of it as progress happens. the next thing i need to do is figure out my transmission... i believe it is the a518 with o/d but no lock up i was going to run the cummins computer also but i would like to figure out how i didnt have to. i have read about the o/d switch to kick it in and out of o/d but im not sure if the wife would be able to manage and remeber that if she is driving the truck, so may have to figure out something else. my drive shaft is about an inch to long so ill have to get it shortened or maybe find a yoke that is alittle shorter. so that is where i am now tell me what you guys think... . also this is my first cummins/conversion so if you guys have any input let me know im looking for any ideas or help on this project. im going to try and post pics in just a few minutes they are all on my phone and i cannot upload them to my computer. thanks in advance for any comments

here ars some pics of the progress

Attachments

• IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0071.jpg