02 ford- 12v& nv5600

seriousdiesel

looking for a few suggestions on a superduty conversion. Im installing a 12v and nv5600 in a 2002 ford f-350. Im looking for suggestions for the 4 wheel drive shifter. the ford has it mounted on the transmission, the nv 5600 has no provisions for the shifter to mount to it whatsoever. what have you done for a 4 wheel drive shifter when converting using a nv 5600???????????

next question, are you using the ford a/c compressor and making monts or the dodge compressor and making new lines?????? I have done a conversion and I used the ford compressor with brackets but i think the dodge compressor in its factory location would work as good and be outta the way.

any suggestions??????????

Im gonna go ahead and start with the Ac question, when I did my swap I used the AC compressor and had the fitting on the lines changed. It ended up working out pretty good and it was like a $100 bucks to have the fitting compressed on.

As far as the shifter question im not really sure what your trying to ask, is the tranny a 2 wheel drive tranny?

Do you already have the transfer case? Do you have anything against using an electric shift?

Are you dead set on using the NP271 out of the Ford? What about using the Dodge version of the NP271 so it bolts onto the NV without any extra adapters?

Typically, people use the tranny/tcase combo...I chose to use the ZF/NP271 combo, and just lengthened the shift rod for the tcase.

As for the AC, use the Dodge compressor, and make new lines...it's in the relatively same spot as the Ford, so it won't be terrible.

ive already traded the esof transfercase for a manual transfercase. the guy that im doing this for wanted all manual stuff. the ford and dodge 271 cases are the same other than the input shaft and output shaft. by using the ford case we can use all the existing shafts other than shortening or lengthening.
the only thing i have to do is swap input shafts. all of fords original manual transfer case shifters bolt to the side of the transmission. the nv5600 were using does not have any place to bolt any shifters or really even brackets to attach shifters to. i will have to either use a shifter that bolts to the floor like dodge and gm or make a bracket that the original shifter will bolt to.

sounds like the dodge compressor is the way to go, thats the way i will do this one.

thanks, nathan