02' Fuel Pressure Gauge install

wideopen

Slum Lord
Can anyone give me a basic run down on installing one of these? I going to install one tonight and would like to have a little idea on how to before I start.

It's an Diprocol Electronic fuel Pressure Gauge.

Thanks.

i just took a brass T and drilled and tapped for the sending unit and put it in line. Looks real clean

If it has a FASS just cut the line and install a T that the fitting can thread into. If not I think there is a spot on the inj. pump where it will thread into. Make sure you mount the sending unit somewhere where it wont get alot of vibration, they aren't very rugged, at least with the Autometer ones. Thats if you have a line to mount the sending unit away from the motor. Geno's garage sells a kit just for this, some guys use a grease gun hose, I guess the threads all match...

What about on top of the Fuel Filter? I haven't even pulled this thing out of the box to look at it? this is an 02' Cummins.

I installed mine at the vp44. I dont know if there is a fitting on top the filter housing. If the truck has the factory fuel system the fitting for the main line has a schrader fitting to tap into.

I think there is a fuel filter cap you buy that has a fitting, but I don't think the stock one does, its just fragile plastic...I assume the truck is stock? I can go find my manual, it shows a port on the inj. pump that you can use...My FASS ties in the same port so I couldn't use it, thats why I just split the line and put in a T.

i Think have my old banjo bolt that i drilled and tapped ( bottom of the filter ) .....if you want it i'll dig it up and send it to you

Scott

Does anyone know the thread pattern of the check fitting? I have a 1/8" NPT now I need to find something to connect the two?

There's a fuel gauge port on the FASS 150, not sure on the other sizes. If you do have the fass then you wont be able to put it on the VP since the line goes in to the schrader valve.

isnt that fitting a male flare? 1/4 maybe? with threads on the inside for the schrader valve

Two options, one is to take a length of 3/8 fuel hose and attach it to the schrader valve with a hose clamp after pulling the guts out of the valve. It'll work but it's not the best way.

Pull the supply banjo bolt out of the IP and carefully drill and tap the end of it for 1/8 NPT pipe thread.

Call Geno's and get a drilled and tapped banjo from them, option #3

I've been told by many that I can just take the Guts out of the Schrader valve ans screw a fitting on there then to the adapt to the 1/8 fitting on the Sending unit?

I think the hose that Geno's has does that too, but I'm not sure. Thats how I would do it though. A trip down to the local hardware store should get you everything you need...

That Hose is $19 .. It should be a simple conversion from Whatever to 1/8 NPT?

wideopen said:
I don't think it's a 1/4" this is a stock truck no FASS system.

This is the link to the vulcan gauge hose. If you look at the end with the female fitting that is 1/4 SAE not NPT. That screws over the schrader fitting after you decore it ofcourse. You need a fitting like that with an 1/8 FNPT on the other end. Or you can just unscrew the banjo fitting out of the vp and take it too a tractor implement and get the fitting. I found mine at the John Deere dealer.

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/servlet/the-251/Gauge-Hose-Universal-Stainless/Detail