02 looking for mpg

Robts

Proud Fummins Owner
What is the best setup for milage? Really not to concern about horsepower. The truck is a 2002 with 100,00 miles on her.

2wd or 4 wd?

I'd say a Smarty with the fuel milage program.

I'd run tires no bigger than a 285, and a Smarty.

3.55 gears and a stick with 285 nets around 25-27 imperial miles per gallon on the hiway. Add an edge set on low with some 275's and this will come up a bit more (maybe 2.5). I've played with the smarty but have no direct experience with it on the fuel saver program although I hear it works well.

I'm going to agree with Tim but I would add a small injector like a 275 or so.
I noticed a increase in MPH as soon as I installed mine.

dan

I am getting around 22-23 on the highway with 35s and 3.55s with my 5spd and in the neighborhood of 18+ driving in town. I have 110hp DDP stage 3 injectors, box off and a Super Stock 62.

i know mine sure sucks lol but it has been getting better as of friday i ran 370 miles an my fuel light started coming on an dingin now thats the best ive gottem in 2 yrs i think before the exhaust an intake it really sucked but got 14.8 last week runnin 315/70r 16 . when i get my edge in then im gonna put some kind of injectors in her have no clue yet, but something good that will help , would like to get 20mpg if i can u think possible ??? going back to a 285 tire also lol

Back