02 superduty 12v cummins swap.??????

Light It Up

Ok guys i need some help. Im planning on putin a 12v in my 02 superduty. I was wonderin if i could use a dodge tranny and get past the adaptor and flex plate? Im just tryin to see what i have for options. Its an auto right now so il try and keep it that way. Thanks

Yeah you can..but you will still need to rig up a way for the dodge tranny to work with ford stuff. I think Unbroken had a simple relay that fixed everything. However his was a CR swap with a 48RE.

if you are going to pay somebody to do it then yeah it will proabaly be about that amount.

If you do the work it should be alot less.

Im a bit confused by your post though, you want to use a 12 valve and a dodge tranny right?

Im gana do it myself and yes i didnt know if i could use the dodge tranny. A few guys said i could so if i do that i will save the money for the adaptor plat,flex plate and the trans control

yes you can use a dodge tranny, which tranny are you thinking about using?

Ehhh maybe... it depends on alot of things. First off is the price of the engine/trans. Second would be who is doing it(yourself or paid labor) third would be what you want done to it(actually this part may be more then the whole thing). If your just looking for a stock swap(perhaps some mild things fopr some extra HP) I'd say 8-10 would be a good estimate if your paying someone to do it. A 12V would proalby run about 2000-4000 depending upon what year and what P-pump is on it. I'm not a 12V guy so i dont know what "numbers" on the pump you what. Anyways that aside I'd say that if you got the hook up and can work on the truck yourself then it can all be done for about 5-6K. If your building for power then I'd say a good base is 8-10K. You figure your tranny will need to be rebuilt(there is about 2-4K depending upon what you do and who does it) and then the cost of a turbo, injectors and pump will be another 2-5K or more if you dont have one of the "desirable" cores(pump wise).

Ya il do everything myself. I want a motor between 94-97 and will be doin mild mods untill i can save some cash for a big turbo, ect.

I run a 47RH in my setup. HTS built my trans and it works great. Give Dusty and Marianne a call they will hook you up.

why waste your money if your gonna spend between 5-10 grand just build your PSD I have some that you know will get your where you want to go:kick:

why waste your money if your gonna spend between 5-10 grand just build your PSD I have some that you know will get your where you want to go:kick:

All your gonna get out of a stroke in that price range is 450+ hp throw a cummins in it and you have something to build on and then the sky is the limt.

Plus he has power metal rods so he cannot go past 450 anyways.

All your gonna get out of a stroke in that price range is 450+ hp throw a cummins in it and you have something to build on and then the sky is the limt.

Plus he has power metal rods so he cannot go past 450 anyways.
y

a 450hp PSD is better than a 1000hp cummins everybody and there dog builds a cummins. Its like back in the day when everybody put a chevy 350 in everything

Well, it is all in what you want out of your truck for how much dough you have. If you are content with 450hp and $10-$15k in it, that is your deal. I would do the swap and not look back. But you will spend a minimun of $6k BP.

y

a 450hp PSD is better than a 1000hp cummins everybody and there dog builds a cummins. Its like back in the day when everybody put a chevy 350 in everything

If he wants to be special stick a duramax in it, all it takes is some electronics to get ya at 500hp. That was the end for my powerstroke when I had it all done up did 430hp and some kid with stacked box's laid down more than me on the dyno, and the bad part was I couldn't just throw in bigger injectors or add a litte nitrous, that was all that setup was good for.

y

LOL, are you high? how does that statement make any sense?

its like say a pinto is better than a camaro.....:bang