03 5.9 to 6.7

Turbonetics TQ

Turbonetics Turbochargers
I have a 2003 that is in need of a rebuild. I stumbled across a complete 6.7 out of a 2008 for a good deal, cheaper than I can rebuild the 5.9.
I have been doing a lot of reading on the swap and it seems the only way to go is to use the 03 injectors. I would really like to utilize the he351ve turbo as this truck is going to pull a 5th wheel.
Has anybody been able to use the 6.7 ecm with the 03 PCM?
Or should I just use the original 5.9 electronics and build a set of compounds with exhaust brake and forget about the vgt turbo?
I live at altitude and the only single turbo that seems to be worth anything for towing is the vgt units.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a 2003 that is in need of a rebuild. I stumbled across a complete 6.7 out of a 2008 for a good deal, cheaper than I can rebuild the 5.9.
I have been doing a lot of reading on the swap and it seems the only way to go is to use the 03 injectors. I would really like to utilize the he351ve turbo as this truck is going to pull a 5th wheel.
Has anybody been able to use the 6.7 ecm with the 03 PCM?
Or should I just use the original 5.9 electronics and build a set of compounds with exhaust brake and forget about the vgt turbo?
I live at altitude and the only single turbo that seems to be worth anything for towing is the vgt units.

Thanks!

you could just go to small tow compounds.

Back