03 6.0 power loss then no start

Matt62188

truck has 136,000 miles on it, and still has the factory hpop on it. i'm guessing that is what is bad. driving it down the road, pulling a nurse tank full of liquid fertilizer, it lost a bunch of power. changed oil and fuel filters on it. didnt make any difference, in fact i noticed it getting worse the more i test drove it to the point where it would die completely going down the road. let it sit for a few min. and crank and crank and crank, then it would finally start slowly running on its own, like the more you cranked it the more the hpop seemed it could be making just enough pressure to fire the injectors. anybody know of anyhting else it could possibly be? any help would be apprecited.

thanks,

Matt

ipr valve much of a job to change? i know where it is located, on the hpop cover.

truck has 136,000 miles on it, and still has the factory hpop on it. i'm guessing that is what is bad. driving it down the road, pulling a nurse tank full of liquid fertilizer, it lost a bunch of power. changed oil and fuel filters on it. didnt make any difference, in fact i noticed it getting worse the more i test drove it to the point where it would die completely going down the road. let it sit for a few min. and crank and crank and crank, then it would finally start slowly running on its own, like the more you cranked it the more the hpop seemed it could be making just enough pressure to fire the injectors. anybody know of anyhting else it could possibly be? any help would be apprecited.

thanks,

Matt

what year of truck? it sounds like a high pressure oil leak. When the truck is hot the oil is thinner and leaks by and once it cools down the oil is thicker and can build pressure easier