03 common rail cam suggestions

joelc79

Just looking for the best option for my daily driver. I would like a little more mid and top end if possible. I also want a cam that will work good with twins. they are in the near future.*bdh*

I'm running the big stick and it is veary streetable gained some mpg and lowered the egts and spools my 64/13/71 quicker and mid to top rpm range is veary strong and pulls hard ,so long story short, got nothing but good things to say about the big stick cam and the price is unbeatable for what you get. shane

For a daily driver I would say the bigstick would be your best option. Better spoolup 250 degrees lower egts 1-2.5 mpg better fuel economy and extended power range. They come in cast billet $599 or regrind $299. For regrinds call geoff direcly at 1-604-856-3571

Zach Hamilton

Not much difference if you are using a 1998-2002 24v core to start with. We can fit our 181/210 cam onto those. If you are reginding your cr cam we can only fit our 176/210 cam onto those.

Zach Hamilton

Is there any preference in either cam.. regrind or billet. Billet i don't need a core right, but more money?

Billets run $599 and regrinds are $299-349 depending on the grind. On the CR, we can't put the bigger 181 intake, just the 176. I would go billet so that you could get the 181 on the intake. You will like the extra airflow.

Zach

Zach, do you recommend installing new tappets with the Bigstick cam? If so, can you pm me a price for an 02.

I would at least pull them and inspect them. I don't sell new, I have Geoff reface them. He has a machine that puts a nice radius on them. They will be better than new! I believe that is $8 per tappet.

Zach Hamilton