03 cranks won't start back up

Kyle_truck_pull

A friend of mine has an 03 dodge, never had any trouble with it, it started hard one time, he put a new fuel filter in it, it started hard but it did start. Next day went to start it, and it would just crank but no start. It Is getting fuel, it does have one code- 0633 (sentry key immobilizer module key not programmed)
I have no clue what this means or if it would cause it not to start, I searched threads but no good info, I've heard possible ECM failure but I am going to try to get the info to diagnose it before he goes buying stuff,
any help would be greatly appretiated!!

Wow, that could be a whole slew of things... give us more of the story, little details might make a difference, I wouldnt know where to get you started... um, check fuses? idk, let us know what you have tried like how did you check for fuel etc.

Hi How many miles on the 2003.. I am asking because the 2003 and early 2004 are known for injectors failing between 100,000-135,000 miles.
Try one thing. Remove the fuel filter (dont change it) And put it back in. It will start better but not perfect. Try it again the next day or after a few starts and it will start ok for a time or two. If it does act like this find yourself some injector nozzles because you have 1 or 2 bad injectors. Sounds odd but it happen to mine and 2 friends with 2003 models.. Feel free to call me at 608-790-5563 for any details or qs. Thanks Brian

If he has more than one ignition key have him try a diff one.

If he's getting a SKIM code, that would keep it from starting.. Its an anti-theft feature and won't allow it to start..

If he's getting fuel, then I'd start with working to get that SKIM figured out.. I had to get a recovery file on mine.

It's not a fuel issue I have all the fittings to test the fuel system, it's definatley the skim problem, I did a little research on the skim, both keys are not working, the skim module will have to be changed at the dealer if this is the cause, because they will have to reprogram it to my keys, or new ones. Programming can only be done with a drb3 scan tool,
the only reason I looked at the fuel system is just to make me feel better, cause I have never had a skim problem before, but thanks for helping me out, I guess we will have to take it to the dealer, I can't get enough information on it to test it any farther.
Thanks guys

Hi How many miles on the 2003.. I am asking because the 2003 and early 2004 are known for injectors failing between 100,000-135,000 miles.
Try one thing. Remove the fuel filter (dont change it) And put it back in. It will start better but not perfect. Try it again the next day or after a few starts and it will start ok for a time or two. If it does act like this find yourself some injector nozzles because you have 1 or 2 bad injectors. Sounds odd but it happen to mine and 2 friends with 2003 models.. Feel free to call me at 608-790-5563 for any details or qs. Thanks Brian

between 100 and 135k?

my current 03 has 215k on it and runs like a top... the 03 I had with 198k on it ran perfect also.

highest mileage I've ever seen on stock 03 injectors was over 560k

not saying they can't/won't fail at 100-135k, just saying it isn't something you can set your clock by

If it's the SKIMM ,Bob Wagner can get you a recovery file for the Smarty,be sure he knows if it's a manual or auto truck and you get power also , like posted above the only other way is the dealer.

Last edited: