03 ECM defueling

masonic-dodge

Has anyone had a 03 ECM that defuels at about 44psi of boost? I've had a TST and a smarty on it and it still defuels.

Thanks CRIS

Try a Quadzilla Boost fooler. Smarty only fools to 41 psi.

My smarty fooled to 75psi on my 05 and my tst did the same. I'm thinking that I might have an ECM problem, but I'm still not sure.
Thanks for the info.

CRIS

If you have a scanner see what the MAP sensor pressure goes to, if it makes it all the way to 51psi absolute then you are maxing it out and its defueling.

You need a seperate boost fooler. I'm positive on that. Nothing is wrong with your ECM.

I'm still confused on this issue.
If I'm running both a Smarty and an MP8...which both boost-fool...do I still need a stand alone fooler?
I thought the 2 boxes were enough ?

chris if you want to try a qaud boost fooler shoot me your address and il send you one to try out...jess

I'm still confused on this issue.
If I'm running both a Smarty and an MP8...which both boost-fool...do I still need a stand alone fooler?
I thought the 2 boxes were enough ?

Smarty will only fool to around 41 psi so if you are doing more then that you need another external "box" type fooler to handle the rest so that the ecm doesnt see max voltage from the MAP sensor. Your MP8 does the fooling that the Smarty can not.

So I'm good then?
I'm making 62 psi...only about 50 with the MP8 turned off though.

So I'm good then?
I'm making 62 psi...only about 50 with the MP8 turned off though.

For some reason, I thought I had heard that the MP-8 only does boost fooling when it's turned abouve 50%. That's why most people still run a stand alone fooler, even with the MP-8.

I always ran my TS down and never threw a overboost. Could be right though, just caught that Richy said that his boost drops to 50 with the TS turned down, that is definetly way low. Quadzilla boost foolers are way cheap and an easy way to find out if you are getting full fuel.

There's an easy enough way to figure this out...I'll stop at Bay Area Performance on the way home tomorrow and grab a dedicated boost fooler.

I've got a boost fooler on the way to try. I'm hoping that I will see the mid 800s this truck should be making.

Thanks for all the help.

CRIS

Got a Quadzilla boost fooler today....it fuels hard and makes 62 psi without the MP8 on at all.
It felt a bit better just running the Smarty by itself than before...I think I got my 40 bucks worth out of it.

Got a Quadzilla boost fooler today....it fuels hard and makes 62 psi without the MP8 on at all.
It felt a bit better just running the Smarty by itself than before...I think I got my 40 bucks worth out of it.

That's a big power jump....Good score for the money!

So what happened when you stacked the MP8 with the boost fooler....Any more gains?