03 F350 12v Build.

CSaley

After a month of gathering parts and waiting for time to work on the 03 f350 i picked up for $5,000, I have finally started. I was able to find a donor truck, a 95 mason dump with a 12v and a nv4500 that ran perfect. I cut the motor and trans out and sold the rest of it.

The plans for this truck are for a drastic change, converting to the 12v, and a manual, then also converting it over to a DRW and running 19.5s that i picked up ridiculously cheap.. aluminum Alcoas to be specific.

After much thinking, I decided to start my build thread here on COMP D as i have gathered most info here and you guys are extremely helpful... hope a few other guys can learn a thing or two in this thread as i have in others.

Any way, here are some pics of what ive got going so far.... just have to tweek the placement of the motor tomorrow and straighten her out. I believe its a little crooked. used destroked's motor mounts.

The truck:
DSC00288.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

its completely filled up with parts right now, but its a fully loaded truck, leather, heated seats, power adjustable pedals, SUN ROOF... should end up being a nice truck...
DSC00291.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

Last edited:
heres the motor that i have went through and freshened up.. nothing special.

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

pulled the truck in the garage with our Sportsman 500.. worked pretty well.
DSC00311.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

Some more pics..
DSC00277.jpg

NV4500 all pretty
DSC00276.jpg

Destroked
DSC00320.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

my brother giving me a hand...
DSC00325.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

Finally......
DSC00340.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

I have a lot of clearance in between the rear of the motor and the firewall... normal? I will have to throw the fan shroud and fan tomorrow and check it out..
DSC00345.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy.... lots more to come over the next few weeks.

Very cool! I'm interested to see how the nv4500 works out.

Please, keep us updated.

I hit a snag today when I tried to install the turbo and manifold. the wastegate hits the block. What do I have to do to make this work? The turbo is an hx35w

pictures as promised.
DSC00352.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

Heres where it hits..
DSC00350.jpg

I think i have a tool obsession.. new box
DSC00347.jpg

Another shot of the turbo fitment..

I was able to figure it out... I cut the bracket, heated it up with the torch and bent it out of the way... have about 1/8-1/4" clearance now...

Update,

-Got the hole cut in the floor
-Trans in
-shifter half way on.... just gave me that little motivation to get it done

The motor looks like its angled pretty steep, I cant find my magnetic dial protractor to see exactly where it is... will pick up on this afternoon.

What a project it was to find an input shaft for the NP273 for the nv4500... I originally ordered from Allstate gear, and after a week and a half i called and they let me know, they they forgot to call me and tell me it was on backorder for 3-4weeks. I quickly told them to refund my money. Transfer Case Express was able to hook me up with one. Should have it by the end of the week. I will then be able to get the drivetrain all

A little steep?
DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

"bracket" for the water lines.
DSC00394.jpg

IC and radiator back in
DSC00396.jpg

Had to trim these tabs off the fan shroud for a little more clearance on the lower radiator hose
DSC00395.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

A little trimming with a knife and its final resting position.
DSC00399.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

Not sure why i didnt post this earlier, cross member spacer.
DSC00392.jpg

Looks good. Only thing id change is tgst plastic intercooler.
Later on if you start modding the truck much I bet you end up wishing you had studded it while it was out...

Looks pretty good! They do make a valve cover with an oil fill hole in it too if you ever want to get rid of the fill on the front.

Oh forgot to add that to cover the hole where the previous oil fill was you can use a commonrail pump cover cap. Can't wait until I can do my own!