03 f350 cclb dually 4x4

bandedgandr

Ok here's the skinny. Got a chance to purchase a 03 crewcab f350 dually 4x4 6.0. Truck is super clean. 153,000 on the clock. It has an edge and some sorta cai. Im clueless on fords. Ive owned cummmins my entire life. This ford is gonna be my dd. What should i look for?

A Cummins........

This is coming from a guy that DD's a 06 SRW F350 Crew Cab. Mine has 177,000 on it and I could have bought a nice used truck for what I've put into it in the last four years.

Now, with that said it sure is a blast to drive.....

It's one of those deals, you either like it or hate it, with the 6.0.

If you buy it get rid of the edge. Get an egr delete, oil cooler and sct with custom tunes. Then you drive it and wait for the head gaskets to let loose. Then headstuds, gaskets, heads checked and decked. Then you're somewhat trouble free.

I drive an '03 6.0 have the mods in the sig for about 50 000 miles. No studs, I've only put one injector in and a icp sensor. I have had good luck with mine.

A Cummins........

This is coming from a guy that DD's a 06 SRW F350 Crew Cab. Mine has 177,000 on it and I could have bought a nice used truck for what I've put into it in the last four years.

Lol i have a 11 cclb ram 2500 6.7. Owned 4 other cummins powered trucks. Just thought might be a good deal to pick this 03 up. Ive heard of the 6.0 being troublesome. Sorta like the 6.7 headgasket.

Thats for the input so far.

A Cummins........

^^^^^THIS^^^^^Pretty much sums it up!LOL
Check out my sig!

^^^^^THIS^^^^^Pretty much sums it up!LOL
Check out my sig![/QUOTE

YEAH AND YOUR TRUCK WAS A LAWN ORNAMENT FOR THE MAJORITY OF ITS LIFE WITH THE I6 BETWEEN THE RAILS!!!:clap:

gotta give bullrack a hard time, though i agree with him, he helped me out alot with my truck, its still psd powered thanks to bullracks leftovers from his swap...but if you have been behind cummins for that long, you will probably be behind another one soon, although i love the 6.0, if you know what your getting into, and treat it the right way, you will be happy with it.

i'm a ford dealer and my advice to to turn around and run do not walk run! lol but if you decide to buy it fixes are available again and again. if you are used to a truck with good torque you will not like it but if someone was upgrading from gas they would be happy with the power. just too small of an engine and has to use rpm and boost to offset its lack of torque in the lower rpms, truck will have to downshift on the slightest grades to maintain speed and if you do power upgrades to compensate you will more than likely have repeat break downs (just my opinion i do tuning and work on these trucks often)