03 Ram 3500 need some help with turbo problem, and possible replacement options

marvelouzone

As title says I have an 03 3500 with 235,000 Just acquired it a few weeks ago. My intentions for this truck is heavy towing. I'm knew to diesels but not new to wrenching and mechanics, So somethings I understand, and some I've been searching forums and reading as many post as I can to find out.

So far I have:
100hp(industrial injection) injectors.
airdog ii 165
stocker/s475 compound kit
edge juice w/ attitude cts

current problem:
stock turbo is now leaking oil out of compressor outlet(cac side), when I disassembled the stock turbo from exhaust housing to clock it to fit with s475 kit, I noticed a little forward/aft movement in shaft assembly, at that point I wasnt knowledged enough to know that this wasnt normal and pointed to a bad thrust bearing.

a few days after I lost all boost, the gauge would show 1-4 pounds sometimes, but mostly just stayed at 0, upon removing cac lines noticed a great bit of oil inside the tubes leading to cooler. so I'm assuming bad thrust bearing caused oil seal to go also.

so my question:

would totally shot thrust bearing cause oil seal to go also, and total lost of boost even though theres a second turbo there? I'm debating on getting a s362 to replace stock turbo, but not sure how that would spool up with the 475 under it.

I'm not great at fabrication, so what ever I put in place of the stock, i'm hoping would be a pretty straight forward bolt up to the current compound piping without modification.

would it be better for me to replace bearings and seals in stock turbo? theres no wheel or housing damage so I think is doable.

any guidanc´in gladly appreciated

thanks