03 starting issues

OceanDiesel

OK fellas. Same truck I was asking for inputs on decided to show other issues. 03 2500 auto, bone stock, 250K, DD plus pulls an 8-10K trailer.

When it sits overnight it just cranks. After playing with it a bit it will fire up as if there wasn't an issue.
-scanner reads 1400+ rail pressure after startup.
-oil pressure raises when cracking as it should.
-AIH relays not cycling as they should, but with practically no blow I don't see why that would cause no start at 50 degrees. We are working that issue.

Any help would be great!

Rail pressure while cranking is important too. If the system does not see enough rail pressure while cranking the injectors will not be commanded to fire. If the injectors are returning too much fuel they will not build enough rail pressure while cranking.

One common issue is the cross over tubes coming loose making it seem like a cold start or injector issue.

We checked fittings to ensure tight, FR supply was lose. What should we see for rail pressure at startup? Once it started we were getting 1400+ at idle.

With an ambient temp of 63, the "intake air temp" was reading 198. Would this affect the starting?

That air intake temp reading might be contributing but the 1400 psi rail at idle is low. I think it should be 5-6000 psi at idle. Like was said above, cross over tubes.

There should be 4800 to 5000 psi rail pressure for startup and roughly that at an idle

Back