04.5 build opinions and advice needed

cummins0488

After recent purchases on new injectors and dual pumps I have melted #1. So now I get to get down to business with this thing. This truck is a street/race setup truck. Have an option of buying a 6.7 motor for a pretty good price but not sure if I can use the block and pistons with my head and injectors or if I'm better off to just build mine. What else needs to be addressed with block and head

Mods are as follows
04.5 150k miles
Dual cp3
150hp injectors
64/71/14 ii turbo
Fass 150
Smartys06 pod

Planning on studs, springs and cam for sure and a few other things but I want to do this build right And want some opinions and advice from people who have been through this before.
Thinking about maybe selling turbo to go a little bigger too and changing to 2nd gen style. what would be a good charger to look into?

Thanks for any help or advice.

I would go with the 6.7 short block u will have to change ur injector nozzles for the pistons in it and use ur head u could spool a much bigger charger then with the extra displacement

Think I'm gonna stay with the 5.9 because I don't think I have the funds for the 6.7 build. Wish I did. Anyways I'm thinking a set of 12v rods, cam, new pistons, upgrade valve train and a new turbo setup. Anything else I'm missing?? Thanks

I'd ditch the So6 tuning and move up to UDC. Danny Toops, (outlaw99) is one of the best at getting great numbers out of the early CR motors. His 04.5 shop truck just laid down 853rwhp this past weekend running roughly the same set-up you're talking about.