04.5 Crack No Start

burch48m

Pulled out the black plug on the top of the fuel filter base and i belive i have air in the fuel system. I was wondering how i bleed the air out of the system. any help would be appreciated.

loosen the bleeder screw on top of the filter housing and pump the manual prime button tighen the bleeder screw as you get all the air out

How did air get in there ? Is this from changing a filter ?

t5r4uck will self bleed, but pull the cap and check for gasket damage or bad seat on the cap. to pre charge the filter leave the cap loose and turn key to run wait till fuel spills out cap then tighten. may take a couple cycles of the key to get it to fill. if it does not fill the cap was too loose, or you have a bad lift pump.

no factory lift pump on the dmax. like said above, loosen the bleed screw and pump until fuel is coming out of the plug. You also can remove the plastic cap on the test port and push down the valve while pumping to get all the air out closer to the pump but fuel will run down the front of your motor. Once you get all the air out, pump the primer with everything sealed until it gets very firm. Crank the truck over and repeat the priming until firm until the truck starts. If you have an extra set of hands around, one of you can crank while the other pumps the primer.