04.5 setup opinions.

kino_fab

KTPA Tech Official
Ok I think I have narrowed down the setup I want to run on my truck a for a few 2.5 class sled pulls. Here goes:

DDP 90hp sticks
PPE "HOT" Programmer or VA C5
DIY Modded CP3
Glacier Fuel system
SB 3850 DD
Studded, Fire Ringed and mildly ported head
Valve Springs
II Silver 62/14
ATS Manifold
CFM+ Intake Manifold
Banks Technicooler and piping
AFE stage2 CAI
Boost fooler
Also a TST comp CR if needed for extra tweaking.
Water/Meth

Just wanted some opinions on this setup. Think it will work, be too much/ not enough on some parts, anything different than listed? I am just trying to get into the 550-600 rwhp range.

Sounds like a great list for 600+ hp. I would go with the silverbullet(66). I dont think the 62 would support that much fuel but i may be wrong. I have the silverbullet with just a programmer and its great. From what others have said, fire ringing these common rails isnt necessary. A stage 2 cp3 would help out some.

Last edited:
A 66mm turbo would be too big to run in a 2.5 class, and most pulls I go to do not allow a reducer. A 62mm is 2.4XX inches and a 66mm is 2.79X inches. The 2.8 turbo classes are too open around here for me to run mainly because of RPM limits. Untill there is a Box or programmer that fuels to 5K RPM, then I am just going to stick with the 2.5 classes.

Oh ok. I didnt know that. The silverbullet 62 and silver 62 are the same turbos. You would want to get the water-meth kit to keep temps down. Sounds like you have everything you need.

I've got the SPS 62 and around 600 HP and at the pull this past Saturday my post turbo temps peaked to 1150 and running 40 # of boost I'm figuring my EGT's went to around 1500.