04.5 transmission questions

Rc2500

I'm kind of new to diesel performance so I was just wondering what I really need to do to my trans to make it reliable. I have a 04.5 2500 with 120k on it. Mods include intake, exhaust, fass 95, and an edge juice with addtiude with the hot unlock. I am thinking about getting a smarty s06, turbo and maybe some injectors. Im only looking to be in the 500-600 hp range. Any imput would be great.

My friend had an 06 with twins, water meth,exhaust,intake, smarty and edge stacked with a 48re, he pushed it to the limit regularly both on the street and at the track with just a valve body converter and ats lock up controller. The only thing he ever hurt was his flex plate so he put a billet one in and has been fine ever since

What do you plan on doing with the truck? I dynod 535/1175 with a stock charger and stock injectors so the 500 mark is easy.

Ryan

I plan on just using the truck for a mostly back and forth to work and hauling the toys around on the weekends but that'd be about it. The most ill pull would be a 26 foot enclosed trailer.

Triple disk converter from DPC pro street diesel Valve body. Billet input and output shafts. And a general rebuild.

Ryan

I have a garmon diesel performance stage 2 transmission. Highly recommended. Build it bigger then you think you will need. It's a fuzzy feeling that won't let you down.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

Another option is to call Lavon at Firepunk Diesel. I've got one of his transmissions in my truck and haven't had any problems (30k/mi +/-) He was better priced than ATS or Garmon. He was also really good to deal with.

Lavon has my vote too on here..

its where mines going when the time for it approaches..