'04 6.0L to 5.9L swap?

How much would it cost to swap a 12v *OR* CR into an '04 f-250 4x4 that was originally "blessed" with a 6.0l?

What I mean is parts wise, I can/would do all the labor. Are the stock trannies capable of handling 350ish rwhp?

The stock tranny might hold 350hp for a little while but not for long. try destroke.com they might be able to give you a price. I think they have everyhting that you will need there.

I have around 17k in mine, but that is a new crate engine, all new parts and BTS transmission. I did sell my old engine and parts to make up some of the cost, so really I have 12k or so in it and still not done.

My brother should have around 20K in his, just parts. His is going to be over 1K on the dyno (we hope), so cheaper if your going very mild. He called one shop before doing his and they said 40K we thought that was all kinds of funny.

i have about 8000 in mine minus the 3000 i sold the 7.3 powerjoke for, but me and a few buddies did all the work so that no labor included. i got everything from fordcummins, paid 1500 for 96 donor truck, around 3000 for the adapters, about 1500 for the tranny rebuild and converter and the rest was on ungrades. did everything over thanksgiving day holidays except a/c and cruise, still havent got around to them yet. Its a blast to drive and so much faster than my 6.0 is and for less money

Back