04 egr help

agamache

I have an 04 powerstroke and I was wondring if I could just put a block plate in my up pipe to stop exhaust from entering the egr and unplugg my egr valve without throwing a code. I still have some warrenty left and I don't want to do an egr delete just yet. Any help would be great and thanks for the addvice

An easy way to find out is to just unplug the EGR. I have an 04 and my throws a check engine light. My buddies 04, doesn't.... Go figure

If it doesn't throw a code would the block plate work until i can do a full delete

Some will throw a code regardless if you do a full delete or just block it off. Ive seen both in alot of customers trucks I have done.

Thanks for the help. I will plug the egr valve and see if it throws a code or cel. If not I will get a block plate for now. One other question. I have heard that when u block it off boost pressure can push the egr valve open and air will enter the egr cooler. I personaly don't see this as a problem except for the loss of boost. Any opinions

i did this on mine until after warenty was up never had cel or and problems. then the day after warrenty done the whole thing came out been running her that way for a month now and it runs cooler and idles better. plus lower egts

I'll tell you after deleting the EGR system this weekend, this morning was the first morning in years that I had no white smoke on startup. This is with a street tune also...

well i drove my truck today with the edr valve unplugged and did not get a cel nor did it throw a code. i am going to order the block plate tomorrow. does anyone have a pic of the exact location were the plate goes. i now in the up pipe but not for sure were. Thanks for everyones help and advice

The EGR cooler attaches to the up-pipe just off to the lower left of the passengers side intake manifold in the valley.

is it possible to put the bloke off plate in through the passenger side fender well