04 LLY Detonation Noise?

Buckin Around

we got an 04 Duramax that makes an odd noise while shifting through the gears, (6 speed), once you shift and get on the throttle you can hear a detonation (pinging) noise on the passenger side, almost sounds like and exhaust leak, but we check the manifolds and up pipe and no soot anywhere, just wondering if there is anything common, ex. bad injector etc that could be causing this noise, where else should we look. thanks for any advice

WHat kinda mods are done to the truck? Any weirdness in the clutch pedal?

well, i have not done and injector buzz test but i can, i know i can on the PSD 's but never had to on the dmax, as for mods, absolutly stock from air intake to exhaust, clutch seems to be fine, no issues there, my buddy just purchased this truck about 2 weeks ago, so the acctual history is unknown:doh:, but next time he swings over i'll do a buzz test, i cant stand to ride in the truck because that noise scares me.... if it is an injector or somthing, i can only imagine what its doing to that piston, his theory is run it, its got a 30 day warranty, hahaa