04 reg cab dually

vinsane

hey fellas i got word on an 04 reg cab dually diesel... dont know much about the cummins really so if you could gimme some pointers on what too look for before i make a descion that would be great.. dont know if its a stick or not yet.. i hope it is.
thanks

04 models can come with 2 different engines. The early 04 models have the 305hp/555trq engine and the 04.5 came with the 325hp/600trq engine. If its an auto, the tranny more than likley isn't going to last very long once you get over 100hp on upgrades, unless it has already been upgraded. Samething basically goes for the clutch if its a 6spd. The 04.5 will also be able to use the Bullydog Crazy Larry tune aswell as some other higher hp tunes from other programmers. THough there are some tunes out there just for the earlier models that are pretty healthy. The engine Hp is stated on a sticker on the driver side of the Valve cover.

i will have to look for that...is there anything else to watch out for..i know back in 01 they had weak blocks.. i take it thhey have e gotten past that know?

I don't know the exact year they were put in, but there was a model that had a plastic intercooler, they stopped producing them in the same year because of problems. Someone else here knows more I am sure, but you might look.

so if it has an auto you guys are saying getting a built trans>> is that brand new or do they just build up the one that is already in there..if itsbrand new is there anymoney in selling the old one?

plastic intercoolers in the 05's. i know because on all our 05's with less then 10k miles they blew them hahaha.

as far as pricing, i would say less then $21k (USD)

the truck has 53kms which is about 37k miles? and the dude wants $33 for it?

You can find one cheaper than that. Probably more miles, but it would still be worth it. I bought my 04.5 back in Febuary, crewcab dually, 4x4 6spd 105k miles for right at $25K. Its forsale BTW. All it needs is a new turbo and some tires $22K takes it. Now has 125K miles.

kino_fab said:
You can find one cheaper than that. Probably more miles, but it would still be worth it. I bought my 04.5 back in Febuary, crewcab dually, 4x4 6spd 105k miles for right at $25K. Its forsale BTW. All it needs is a new turbo and some tires $22K takes it. Now has 125K miles.
That might be a little far for him to drive and me if we need to tow it back lol

it turns out its white reg cab 6 speed no options and well used for how little kms are on it but it has spent its whole life towing and nothing else