04 SD P-pumped 24V NV5600 swap

roachie

Taco Master
Ok, here is the victim. 04 F250 4x4 6.0 Crew, Shorty, Lariat, R5110.

Plan is the engine from the red truck, kinda. 215 pump, 4gsk, some plate, 181's, 24v head with hamilton springs, H2 cam, maybe an HX35/ s471 twin set. NV 5600 with the dual disk from the red truck.

Here are the questions:

How do you get the cruise to work? Gasser servo?

What is needed for he A/C to work correctly? Custom lines is all?

Is the dodge power steering/vacuum pump suitable for a Ford?

Will the NV5600 mate to a NP272 tranfer case? What is needed to make the electronic engaugement work?

What do I need to source the hydraulics from for the clutch?

Same for the pedal assembly as I need a cable?

I has a factory trans temp in the dash, can I use that sensor in the NV?

I think that you are goin to have to make ur own custom lines for the AC, and I dont see why you can use that temp sensor. Find a plug in ur trans and see if it screws in if not get reducers or drill and tap it bigger.

I believe the gas servos work off of vacuum so not sure if you can get it to work with a diesel.

I would think that dodge vacuum and powersteering would work on a ford just might have to make ur own power steering lines.

I would take the pedal out of both and see if it would be possible to swap pedals easy enough, if not copy the bend off ur pedal and put it on the ford pedal and probably goin to have to drill a hole through the fire wall.

Bump.

Gas servos are electronic. Just a matter of the wiring.

Well, I saved myself some work I think.

Got a ZF6 from a 7.3 now. It has a manual shifted t case, hoping it bolts up to the electronic case in the 04.

This sounds like it is gonna be an awesome build Roachie..subscribing man. Good luck with putting it all together man :rockwoot:

the crossmembers from an auto and manual are different, the manual will be 2 3/4 longer, rear driveshaft will need to be shortend......clutch, brake and a GAS pedal from a 5.4......drill a round hole in the firewall and then file it square for the trottle cable.....

Hmm, I was reading on PSN that the crossmember could be reused, just moved. And the drive shafts stayed the same?

negative, i just got done doing this myself....the crossmember from ford is 90bucks or make ur own like i did, the front driveshaft will extend but the rear needs to be shortend....i was told the same thing but they def are not the same diff part numbers and everything.....there two sets of holes in the frame and u use the backset.....u gota take apart the auto trans harness to get the wiring out of it for the elec tcase and the reloom it....its a bunch work but now that its done i absolutly love it....i basically just did exactly what u wana do, bought my truck with blown 6.0 for 6k ripd it apart the same day...and week and half later i got a 12v 05 ford

I need your number, this is ideal.

Please tell me your A/C and cruise works.

This is making me want to put a 12v in mine instead of the cr, cause im lazy and hate wiring