045 DVs

66gaza

Hi all, I have a commercial 6BT 210hp/520ft/lb with a 10 plate in according to a website that sold plates for commercial 6Bts it only adds 20hp and 110ft/lbs I always wondered how big a part the unknown DVs played in this. Today I pulled the injectors and therefore it was a good time to see what DVs were in, turns out they are 045s does anyone know where these fit in the scheme of things. I do have a 180hp Dodge moter for parts so have access to some 181s, I did a side by side comparison and the flute in the 181s looks much bigger than my 045s. So are 045s similar to 131s? how much power/TQ will 181s add? will it be a good idea to fit them? will they fit? They will have to be swapped out with the tops as they are different too. Ok here they are, 181 on left 045 on right. I know the pic with the 181DV in it the holder is upside down. The Dvs will interchange between holders. The engine is CPL2243 if that is any good to someone, Thanks for any help. Please be gentle as this is my 1st post here. TIA

Gaza

Attachments

• Dvs end on.jpg
    Dvs end on.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DVs 181 045.jpg
    DVs 181 045.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DV tops.jpg
    DV tops.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DV socket 1.jpg
    DV socket 1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 28
Just so you can see the differences among some DV's, here you go...

DSC05090.jpg

Thanks for posting that picture GOT-Torque. Those DVs all appear to have very similar sized flutes and it looks like the part above the flutes is what alters the fuelling. On the 045 DV the flute is much smaller than the 181 and there appears to be no collar almost like a full cut. Does the flute flow the fuel and the collar shape let the diesel out at different rpm's? What is the relationship between the flute and the collar or lack of it on full cuts?. Are the flutes in charge of fuel flow and the collar in charge where in the rpm the fuel really starts to flow? TIA

Gaza

The thickness of the coller or shoulder i believe is the main parts of letting more fuel in and a thinner shoulder or no shoulder will also greatly dictate "when" due to the fuel will get around the shoulder sooner with a more narrow shoulder, altering duration. Just for comp. reasons, the 181's are around 0.087" thick at the shoulder, the 191's are 0.030", dont know about the 131's, and i have a set of 179's also out of a Indust. 250hp 5.9 and they measure 0.079. Ive also tryed the full cuts,.....uh no, way to much fuel way to early.