05 cummins ecm swap for efi live

cdslguy

CumminzDriver
I have an 06 engine harness, ecm, rocker box, valve cover to swap my 05 to a standalone setup. My question is do I need a different Obd II port to program the 06 ecm? Also will the 05 accelerator pedal work?

Your pedal will work. Your obd2 will work if you add the can + and can- wires to it.

Do you want simply engine function or do you want the instrument cluster to function as well?

The truck is a 2.5 pull truck so I really dont need any dash function. Plan to put vital gauges and tach in.

Thank you, I guess I'll hold off on trying to get my 6.7 running. Can you help me make a standalone harness if I call or email?
Firepunk offers existing harness conversion service with advice and support provided to those who purchase the service. There's a few threads here on CompD explaining what's needed if you'd like to DIY.

I highly recommend the Firepunk Team for your harness and tech support. Brandon and the Firepunk crew are good at doing this and the cost for the service I think is minimal for what you get.

I just sent another box of harnes's, plugs and accessory's for some Firepunk attention.

So far I have an efi base file in the truck. obd2 works and everything is hooked up. Truck will start and idle smooth sounds fine but their is no pedal. Cannot figure out the apps wires and how to wire the pedal. Are these wires for the pedal in the large C130 connector on the firewall? Any help would be extremely appreciated! Also the fass pump isnt running with key on.

Yes they were the only other twisted pair wires in the harness besides the can+/can- and injector wires. My truck was an 03 so I wired directly from engine harness to pedal. I can look tomorrow when I get to the shop if ya remind me on here or give me a call around 5pm 740-205-73six eight

I am currently doing this on an 05. The first problem i have run into is the 05 harness had a plug that went to the battery + of the fuse box and the 06 does not. I need to wire this into the 06 harness correct? and what wires does it need to power? It powers up 3 wires in the rear ecm plug on the 05 harness

Back