05 ECM to 06-07 ECM conversion

jkidd_39

I am planning on running 03-04 pistons with 03-04 nozzles on my 05 engine.

I am wondering what kind of work is required to use the new 06-07 ECM to allow me to get my hands on efiLive.

Is it simply a PCM swap or will I need an 06-07 harness?

I'd like to find out before I send my harness off to be chopped and spliced with my 6.0 harness.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

Im also wondering about this. I've got the pin outs for both year ecm's i've been studying .
Is it as easy as just changing wires?

Anybody know??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

It's a different harness. Check your pin outs. You could cobble/modify your 05 harness, but I would rather have the correct harness

Thank you forrest. I enjoy your business in the front, party in the back helpfulness.

Talked to fleece. I was referred to them as having done it.

I was told that I need pretty much the whole 06 harness including the harnesses for dash, engine, etc, etc..

They said they did it but it wasn't quite right and they ran out of time and abandoned it.

I think an 06 harness with maybe the 06-07 sensors on a case by case comparison would be the easiest way to get started. As soon as I find an 06 engine harness I'm gonna see exactly what sensors are different.

I don't see why they would be different considering both ecms run of a 0-5v scale. But we shall find out. Now if only I could find a reasonably priced harness!!!!

or you could wait a little while for efi live... they seem to be progressing fairly quickly.

just buy the c1 and c2 connectors and get the neccesary pins to make it run...guages you would have to do stand alone

Gauges are not an issue as this engine is going in a F-350.

Farmboy - any info on where I can get these connectors?

....any info on where I can get these connectors?

I've got a friend locally with a shed full of new deutch connectors. I'll try to stop by his place soon...I know he has something close, just not sure if they are keyed properly. You've also got to buy a crimper...there's a trick to getting a cheap one that works...or I might loan you mine.

I'll leave you know what I find.

Edit: If you wish to buy one,here's the tool...sure beats $350

Last edited:
I called them as well and they told me they never had done it.. So I dunno.

Gauges are not an issue as this engine is going in a F-350.

Farmboy - any info on where I can get these connectors?

i can get them....i work at a dealer not to terrible..425 ish 4 all for i think....becuase you will need the 6.7 c1 and c2 and the 5.9 c1 and c2....it comes with the connector and wires with pins on them so it looks clean with good connection

You could do it running it as a stand alone as in no bus communications. A puller that just has to get to the RPM's might be worth it.

Could be piggy backed pretty easy.

i can get them....i work at a dealer not to terrible..425 ish 4 all for i think....becuase you will need the 6.7 c1 and c2 and the 5.9 c1 and c2....it comes with the connector and wires with pins on them so it looks clean with good connection

$425 for 4 plugs?! I was hoping to snag an 06-07 harness for less than that.