05 info?

White Ram

I got a 2005 dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6 speed with 100,000 miles on it. Im new to owning a common rail and dont know to much about them. One thing that is concerning me is that my truck will smoke a little when i get on it, smoke is grayish black not alot. Truck is all stock except for being straight piped. I was told that the smoke is normal from a few people and others told me it could be a weak cp3? Truck runs great sounds great. Like i said im not real familar with these engines please inform with all the pros and cons to the cp3 or any other issues that i may need to keep a look out for. Thanks alot i appreciate it.

Pretty normal from my experience. My stock 06 I had would blow a ton out from a dead stop.

Just standard operating procedure on these. My 05 did the same when I first bought it; after changing filters and driving the hell out of it I think it cleaned itself out some. I can still get a haze out of it once the turbo is lit but I don't have stock tuning on it anymore.
It's good to romp on it once in a while and let that motor run.

Just standard operating procedure on these. My 05 did the same when I first bought it; after changing filters and driving the hell out of it I think it cleaned itself out some. I can still get a haze out of it once the turbo is lit but I don't have stock tuning on it anymore.
It's good to romp on it once in a while and let that motor run.

Same thing here. Stock but will blow a bit of smoke with a lit Turbo. Kinda made me nervous but its all good.

Back