05 Limp Mode

1stack

My 05 has went into limp a couple of times since I've had it. Seems like only on longer trips like 100miles or longer. It has an edge Juice with attitude. This last time it threw a low boost code. I was able to cycle the key about a dozen times and it was fine and the code was gone.
Any ideas? MAP sensor? Also is there a way to clear the DTC codes on a 05 cummins without having a scanner?

I'd start with removing the edge, maybe try to pull codes with it first. No way to clear without a scanner, that I'm aware. Will the edge not clear codes? Been a while since I've played with one.

No the Edge will not clear them that I'm aware of. Everyday driving around town it's fine. I always run with the box off. Every now and then I'll turn it on to play around and it acts just like it should.

You could check the waste gate actuator on the turbo. I have seen the wires get green rotted right where the go into the solenoid.

Like was already said, try removing the edge completely and see what happens. Even with the edge on stock, everything is still running through it.

Buy a used smarty since they're cheap these days. You can clear codes with it without having to use it or load a tune.

Like mentioned , remove the edge box. Any place it ties in to the stock system could be causing a problem. Map and rail sensor in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With passenger vehicles that have OBDII systems you can typically disconnect the negative cables from both batteries and let them sit for about 10 minutes and the codes will be cleared when you reconnect the batteries. You also have to make sure that there aren't any devices plugged into your 12v power outlet as well to make sure there isn't any power going into the circuit with batteries disconnected. Computer only needs 5V to keep codes saved and not reset. I know with gasser's a p1000 code (which does not trip a CEL) will be the only thing present until you drive it and the vehicle gets a full drive cycle. I would assume thats also accurate about the trucks but haven't tried that theory out myself on my truck.

Back