05 pistons Marine injector compatibility Q's

StuckinMud

Absolutely Clueless....
I am trying to figure out timing adjustment options with the Smarty. I have an 05 CR with Marine injectors. I know they are more holes (same as motorsport) but more importantly they sport the 124* angle of the 03-04 injector/ piston bowl combo compared to the stock 05 143* angle.

This would almost indicate you could use more advanced timing and still keep the spray in the bowl. But now its more of a direct spray on the piston top.

So what are you guys that are running this combo doing with timing when it comes to tuning with these injectors?

Do's and Dont's ??

I am trying to figure out timing adjustment options with the Smarty. I have an 05 CR with Marine injectors. I know they are more holes (same as motorsport) but more importantly they sport the 124* angle of the 03-04 injector/ piston bowl combo compared to the stock 05 143* angle.

This would almost indicate you could use more advanced timing and still keep the spray in the bowl. But now its more of a direct spray on the piston top.

So what are you guys that are running this combo doing with timing when it comes to tuning with these injectors?

Do's and Dont's ??

FYI you have it backwards. The 03-04 use's the 8 hole 143* nozzle and the 04.5-07 use's the 5 hole 124* nozzles.

Chris.

Duh...Guess I did.. trying to bring alive another thread about the same questions.. Thanks!