05 shuts off going down the road

lilhenry

Hey i have a 05 that runs great for 30 min andthen just shuts off like u turned the key off . All the gauges drop and if u travel a bit it will come back on just like u turned the key back on . I have faught this for 5 mths, cannot figure it out,had it to several diffrent techs they hang parts no luck, i was wondering if you have any ideals, i know its electrical ,i had injectors leak down tested ok. 230k miles 05 6 speed, it will usually start back up and go...i drive it daily and does fine if u dont go over 30 mins or so then it just drives great and ----- nothing and then shuts down pull over and wait 3-4 min then it will start up and go fine...i looked at the front wiring harness and cked all connections and it didnt do it for 2 weeks so i thought i found it , but it came back..any help appreciated 937-533-8589 bj

check the codes on it

one in my family was doing same.. it was a P0088 code.. turned out to be bad fuel and improper filtration that did a number on the FCA.. FCA is the fuel control actuator, it was sticking open.. and the code is relevant to the FCA itself.. BEFORE YOU DO THIS.. do as dangerous06 said.. and check ALL OF YOUR GROUNDS AND MAINS.. one bad ground, or one touching wire.. can screw with u for a good while.. while you are at it, wire loom all the grounds, clean and tighten them... if that dont work... and it throws the above code..

proper fix, in this order, clean out tank, clean out fuel system, change stock fuel filter, add a 2 micron kit from GDP after stock filter, add clean fuel with stanadyne, put key forward three times, start.. and it was done..

as dangerous06 has stated in the past..

"you do have a two micron filter.. dont you?"

stock factory filtration is a 5 micron at best...

Last edited: