05 won't tune

logant

Too much fuel
I bought an 05 cummins and tried to put a bully dog on it and I guess it doesn't recognize that it's hooked up. The tuner will read DTCs but won't tune? I don't know what to do. Has anyone had this problem? Should I have it flashed?

No, on the bully dog it started the loading screen but wouldn't load. The smarty said the connection times out if I remember right. The truck looks like maybe it had some wiring issues before and the guy said the engine has been out. So I'm thinking maybe the ECM needs to be flashed, perhaps it's from another truck?

I think something may be in the ECM already. I'll just have it flashed tomorrow and go from there

are you sure it had a stock tune of it before? 100% sure?

I had that problem. Tried at a few different dealers to get it flashed, tried smarty, nothing would communicate with it.

if it times out during the flash and aborts the tune, try removing the fuel relay from the fuse panel and putting a battery charger on low charge during flash.

Lavon

I'll try that, thanks Lavon. I met you at TS. Introduced myself in front of the tower at the drags.

Back