06 3500 dash stays on when key is off help!!!

STROKETHISF350

just bought the truck and it had a blown engine so I put a new one in, while I was under the hood I noticed what a mess all the wiring was and how many unused wires were left in the truck for things like water meth propane ect. I also removed the viper alarm because it was a rats nest of wires under the dash, after I got everything removed and hooked the batteries up I noticed with the key out that the blower motor was on and the dash lights wouldn't turn off. I unplugged the battery and re connected again and the lights were all off with only the milege showing like noral until I turned the key then they were all stuck on again. please help!!!!!!!!!

My blower motor used to stay on with my key out. You could wiggle the key around and it would go off. It ended up being a black box on the left side of the column if your sitting in the driver seat. I didn't have anything else staying on that I knew of.

fixed that problem, 2 purple wires on the ignition switch that were cut for the alarm. now im having another issue. when you turn the key to the run position you cant hear the injectors fire and efi live will not connect to the ecm. now im really lost also when you turn it to start the starter does nothing

Once in a while mine will shut all the dash lights off when i turn the head lights on and then come on when I shut them off. Curious as to if this may be related to a similar problem.

There is usually a yellow wire on the column for a alarm starter interrupt most likely with a relay in line, on to issue 2 check power and grounds at the bulkhead connection

Keep calm and Stand on it !! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back