06 4wd engaging on it own?

Runninlean

Say When racing
Got in my truck to back out of a parking space and noticed 4 low flashing then flashed 4wd. I flipped the switch to 4 low and back to 2wd and restarted the truck thinking maybe a hit the switch turning the A/C up.

Light was blinking 4wd again and I tried driving but it was fore sure in 4wd. Luckily I was close to the house and slowly creeped around corners to get home. Pulling in the drive way was not much fun. You could hear the actuator engage sitting there when the indicator light flashed.

Any one had this happen before?

Not exactly like yours, but with the nv4500 in my 08, while driving in 4th gear mine will attempt to also. It tried in 5th a time or two also. Kinda scary at 50-65mph and pow! It tried to go into 4wd!

I was told to try unplugging the connector to the actuator (being mine is electronic) and see if it tries again.

I had the same issue. I unplugged the connecter at the actuator for a day while I was driving around. I plugged it back in and haven't had it happen again in over a year.

any other input? Seems to be getting worse. Can someone confirm if the A/C and 4wd actuator are in fact controlled by the TIPM? I am starting to think that is the problem.

Well it seems when you open any of the doors (even with the truck off) it starts trying to engage. Guessing it is the TIPM as the interior lights and door switches are all controlled via the TIPM. I have unhooked the batteries and going to let it sit for several hours in hopes its some fluke issue in the TIPM.

I had also been having issues with the A/C compressor cycling. When the compressor was running pressures looked normal. Thinking this might also be the reasoning.

Back