06 6.0 wont run and no O/D

BIGBLUE777

Heh guys, I am hoping someone can give me some advice...

My 2006 F350 now has over 115,000 on her and I guess the troubles are starting up now... First, last week while running for parts for a job, I noticed the shifting was alittle erratic, though I didnt pay much attention...until I left one place and stopped at a light and went to go forward...NOTHING! Just revved up??... I shut her off and restarted..I was able to limp over to a nearby autoparts store and checked the tranny fluid level..It seemed a little low, so I added a quart. Started back up and tried to get home and all she would do is shift thru first into second and then start fading to nothing (sometimes it would go into what I believe to be 3rd?)...I could restart and 'baby' it for a few miles and by then the tranny temp guage had climbed to the top and she lugged down and dies...kinda like something was locking up (torque converter?) I say this, cause I could not even crank the engine as it wouldnt even turn the engine over until I let it sit for about 20 minutes or so. Anyhow, got her towed home and yanked the tranny. I found an 08
5R110/Torqshift out of a totaled F250 and I purchased a Precision Industries 'Stallion' TC. I have just finished install (replaced all filters, oil cooler, and oil - checked and cleaned inside of tranny pan -no debris and oil was like brand new..no metal, as tranny had just over 13,000 miles on it) and went for a ride. Here's what happened: Shifts excellent thru all gears EXCEPT WILL NOT LOCK UP in OD...? The check engine light comes on and stays on and the "tow/haul" light starts flashing. I tried and tried...disconnecting batteries,
checking the trans oil level and still will not lock up into OD...It doesnt even feel like its engaging..It seems like the TCM is signaling the OD to shift but its not happening..? I have tried a couple of test drives and NOW, on latest drive, the engine completely shut down and will not start! Cranks and cranks, but will not restart! I removed engine fuel filter cap and turned key on and I have fuel present and pressure building. When I am cranking engine I see the tachometer needle move up but I do not see any oil pressure building on the oil pressure guage...? Could it be the high pressure oil pump o-ring I have heard alot about?

Wow, 115,000 + miles and I have had MINIMAL issues...NEVER stranded before..Now, within a week, I have had to be towed twice!

So now, TWO ISSUES: 1- still no OVERDRIVE and 2- NOW engine wont run! This is my worktruck and Im in big trouble...

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED!! :Cheer:

Thnx,
Lenny

I would guess the trans might have a different code than the other and may need a reflash but not sure, and the engine not starting I dont have a clue??? I know this probably helps a bunch bot no one else would even post a comment, so ?????? good luck.

This may sound stupid, but what kind of fluid are you using? Last time I checked you could by the torqueshift fluid anywhere but the dealer. I'm just asking because you said you bought it at the autoparts store.