06 6.0l king ranch

Biggoofy

LOCAL REDNECK
ok so heres the deal im looking to get a new truck and this is what i want but i need to know what to look at seeing as im not to firmiliar with the 6.0 so any info will help me out :st:

in all seriousness, 6.0s are real bad about blowing head gaskets, mine are leaking right now other than that i really dont know but im sure someone will chime in that know more.

I knew that but i thought they fixed it in 06 and 07 plus i dont want a drag truck i just a daily to drive and use as a work truck for my flooring company

I knew that but i thought they fixed it in 06 and 07 plus i dont want a drag truck i just a daily to drive and use as a work truck for my flooring company

Im a die hard cummins guy but i bought this ford on a good deal with the intentions of motor swapping it in the future. I like the truck, it runs good and pulls my toyota truck very well imo. The headgaskets dont blow as often on a stock truck but i know of a couple that have.

ok so heres the deal im looking to get a new truck and this is what i want but i need to know what to look at seeing as im not to firmiliar with the 6.0 so any info will help me out :st:

I wouldn't worry about headgaskets unless you start modifying the truck, however the hpop pump make take a chit on you.

Well in the six months that I have owned my truck it has had the turbo replaced and is going to have #3 and #6 injectors replaced in the near future. My truck has 131K on it and had a clean OASIS when I bought it and is a great truck but just prepared for some very expensive issues to rear there heads someday.:charger:

If ya find a truck ya like make sure to get the VIN # and post it in the OASIS forum and get a report for the truck. This will tell you the most you can find out about the truck.

For in person inspections. Other than general inspections for every vehicle, check the Degas bottle cap for any white chalky residue that would indicate puking.

I bought mine almost 2 years ago with 49k on the odo and with a clean oasis. It now has 83k and only problems it has given me are a plugged EGR valve (45 minute DIY cleaning) and currently has an injector or two sticking making it start rough when cold, otherwise runs great.

Back