06 6.7 tow rig twins or single?

sixinarow

ag/diesel mechanic
hi all,been a while since my last post. I just bought a 06 dually with a bad engine,and a buddy has a 6.7 with 100k on it. so I'm planning on a swap with 5.9 injectors(custom nozzles) in the area of 90hp. modded cp3, and towing twins with the stocker,or a silver 62 single. are twins quieter? I have a s475 from my old pullin rig. with a twins setup would I even see a benefit to the 6.7 over the 5.9? thanks for any input.

Twins are quieter no doubt. Also, if you asking what the benefits of twins are with a 62 paired with a 75, compared to just a 62, then the answer is more air flow up top with the 75

Last edited:
I was thinking a silver 62 as a single or a twin setup using the stock turbo and the large turbo undecided.

I say silver 62 and the 75, is that an option? What's are the specs on the 75?

contemplating a very similar swap, for my 2009 6.7 megacab hotshot truck.

I have run a S366/73.91 T4 on a second gen swap 6.7 truck 3:73 gears, worked very well on stock fuel and EFI tuning. but loaded at 28-34K lb it was laggy and hard to get back on top of if you had to lift while climbing a decent grade... mostly just causing EGT to spike,

im currently running the stock charger right now. VS compounding over the stocker. the pros cons IMO.

pros- keeping the factory exhaust brake.
cons- popping the factory charger running it in a compound setup - have to go to an aftermarket exhaust brake.

im pretty well decide on going to a S363/73.91 under a S480 1.34AR for spool up and flow on top end
and switching the 3:73's out for 3:54's

Last edited:
my s475 has a 1.0 housing but i got it used and im not sure on the other specs.
so the twin setups with the stock turbos are the stock turbos not reliable for this?

I've got a great tow set up on mine. Also a 6.7 shortblock with 5.9 head and injectors. S467.7/87/.90, T-4 header, 100hp exergys. Truck makes great power and spools around 1600 rpm.

So, I just had to buy a 6.7 for my 06. I currently have twins, but I have a stock 5.9 charger for the top charger, which is too small for a 6.7. I want to keep twins, I tow heavy, 36,000#, and want to make it work best for me with a stick. I think a S366 might be too big for towing grades like I do, will a S360 be small enough to spool well and not choke out the 6.7 or should I find something in the 62 range? Either way I am going to have to re-work my twins piping as well as the bracket/downpipe for them.

Back