06 CR Down

White Duramax

I have an 06 CR pulled out at work. It had massive amounts of blowby, smoked gray, and missed at idle. Pulled the motor and took the head off. Found 2 score marks down the side of #1 and #6 cylinder. #6 piston looked like the injector had been washing it. Found about a dozen small cracks all around the valves. This truck has 116k on it. It has intake, exhaust, and a triple dog for all of the miles. HTT 62/12 and a TS-MP8 were added a few thousand miles ago. What do you guys think cause this?? I have read about injectors sticking?? What would you do, find a takeout engine or replace the block, head, and injectors?? Thanks

I would fix it if it were me.

CR motors sometimes have valve and injector issues after 100k.... How trashed are the cylinder walls?

They could be bored .020 and probably be fine. We called Scheids and they said 1200 to bore them. We can get a new block for 1600 from Cummins. I think a head ran around 1200. Then you have bearings, upper and lower gasket sets. Where is a good place to get injectors? Cummins wants $460 a pop for them.

Id buy some mild upgraded ones... you will be ahead money that way

Who sells whole injectors or at least rebuilds them? I see F1 will rebuild them for $100 each if you buy their tips which puts you at $1700.

1200 to bore it? I would hope that includes new pistons.

Send injectors off to Don and get them done up to Flux 2's while engine work is getting done.

Take stock head and rebuild it, have new seats pressed into it by someone who knows what they are doing on CR heads.

Once done run ONE box on a mild setting and with the Flux 2's it will still be close to 500hp but much less hard on the engine. More then likly the stack of the MP8 with the TD killed the old one with too much timming and too much rail pressure for the stock injectors.

Mine cost 1200 bucks and all 6 of mine where messed up. I really doubt all 6 are gonna be messed up. I think it cost 100 bucks if you don't buy new tips from him. If you buy tips I think he goes ahead and makes sure they are 100 percent. I keep saying injectors is the number one thing you need to upgrade in these trucks. They are absolutly junk, even worse if you don't run a 2 micron filter.

The ts was added after the turbo to mainly be used as a boost fooler, would it help to only run it about half way. Does anyone make a filter kit for these, I could install one pretty easy with a cat filter and head though. How can I get a hold of Don M?

White Duramax said:
We called Scheids and they said 1200 to bore them.
$200.00 a hole thats crazy !! Does that include the pistons and rings ????

White Duramax said:
How can I get a hold of Don M?
That takes an act from congress !!!!
Its easier to get a hold of some of the Best Neuro Surgeons in the World.

ctd8999 said:
That takes an act from congress !!!!
Its easier to get a hold of some of the Best Neuro Surgeons in the World.

Ya thats difficult, I would suggest getting ahold of Bob Wagner and going threw him for some F1 sticks or atleast one of his dealers.

You just have to be careful stacking boxes like that, better way to do it is a set of injetcors and one box to do the same hp that stacked boxes would do.