06 Cummins fluid capacities

sootfoot

IH Nut
I did a search and checked owners manual, can't find much in the way of concrete answers....

Manual trans 7qts? and ATF+4? Really?
Oil 12qts correct
Transfer case?
Diffs? and 75w90 or 140 and according to the manual no friction modifier?

And what fluid is used on the clutch hydraulics?

Thanks guys, trying to get all the fluids ordered so when I do the clutch I can do all my fluid changes as well.

g56 does take atf. 6 quarts i thought but could easily take 7
oil is 3 gallons
t case is 3 quarts atf if you have the 271 or 273.
diffs is 3 qts front and 4 qts rear. must be 75-90 synthetic. no modifiers. AAMs are totally different setups than the danas.
brake fluid in clutch hydraulics, but shouldnt need serviced unless you have a leak

thanks man, I heard 7 in the trans helps against trashing the rear bearing

putting a clutch in with upgraded hydraulics so I'll have to bleed and top of the system

your thinking of the nv5600 in respect to overfilling. that trans was in the late 00-05. Upgraded hydraulics like the ones south bend carry are sealed units. if thats the case i urge you not to allow air into the system. they can be a b!tch to bleed

oh damn, I didn't know it was the NV's, thanks for that clarification

and I was looking at valairs hydraulic units, and I didn't know they were sealed, figured they were shipped dry and had to be filled and bled.

yepp. as far as the master/slave goes, i'm sure its loaded & sealed.

props to you on the fluid services. i've seen many many many trucks with fluid in all componets thats just black as coal and tens of thousands of miles over service date. absoutly zero call for that. a little preventative maintnence goes a long ways.

Thanks, I love this truck, refuse to get a 6.7, hahaha

I am a BMW mechanic, and believe me, I 've seen engines so sludged up you can't even see the cams. I refuse to be one of those!

Back